Conditions of entry
- All entries are to be original work by the author and must not have been published or accepted for publication by a recognised publisher, in print or online. (Work that appears in blogs or community publications and websites IS eligible to enter).
- Stories should not exceed 3000 words with the judges reserving the right to reject works over the word limit.
- Maximum of two (2) entries per person – a separate entry form and entry fee must accompany each piece submitted.
- The name of the entrant should appear on entry form only, NOT on the work.
- The title of your story and the word count should appear at the beginning of the story (do not include your name anywhere on the story).
- Entries should be typed in a plain 11 point font (e.g. arial, times new roman, calibri, etc), with one and a half line spacing and pages numbered. Double-sided pages are allowed.
- Online entries are to be uploaded as a PDF or Word-compatible document.
- Hand-delivered or postal entries should include two (2) copies and be typed on A4 paper. Each copy to be stapled. Print out the entry form and submit the completed form with your story.
- Postal entries should be addressed to:
WAM Short Story Award,
c/- Albury LibraryMuseum,
PO Box 323,
Albury NSW 2640
- It is the responsibility of entrants to allow sufficient time for delivery. Late entries, regardless of postal delays or other factors, will not be accepted. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm on Thursday 23 July, 2020.
- All entries must be received by 5:00 pm on Thursday 23 July, 2020, and no late entries will be accepted by any means.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Entries must be available in an electronic format for reproduction or publication by AlburyCity Libraries with copyright being retained by the author.
- Winning entries (first, second and third) will be published on the Write Around the Murray (WAM) website.
- Entries that do not follow the above guidelines will not be accepted.
- Winners will be announced on Friday 11 September, 2020. Announcements are expected to take place online. All entrants will be notified of awards event plans via email no later than 1 August.
- AlburyCity staff are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Entry in the competition signifies that you understand and agree to the above conditions of entry.
- Online entrants must pay via the secure online payment form
- Postal entries should include a cheque or money order made out to AlburyCity
- In person: you may pay by cash, EFTPOS or credit card in person.
- For security reasons, we are unable to take credit card payments over the phone or provide bank details for electronic funds transfer.