Conditions of Entry
- Only students residing within a 150 km radius of AlburyWodonga are eligible to enter.
- Entry is free.
- All entries are to be original and unpublished work composed by the entrant and must not exceed the word limit by more than 10%. The judges reserve the right to reject works over 10% above the word limit. Entries should relate to the theme, ‘Change’, in some way.
- Maximum of two (2) entries per person – a separate entry form must be completed for each short story submitted.
Name of entrant should appear on entry form only. DO NOT write name on story.
- Entries must be submitted by 11.59pm on Thursday 23 July 2020. Late entries will not be accepted by any means:
- ONLINE SUBMISSSIONS ONLY WILL BE OFFERED THIS YEAR. Entries to be uploaded as a Word or PDF document. If you are unable to submit your entry online, please contact Narelle on LearningOutreach@alburycity.nsw.gov.au or 0260238346 to discuss alternative arrangements.
- All entrants will be invited via email to the Awards Ceremony to be held during the Write Around the Murray Festival on Saturday 12 September 2020 at 12.00 noon at the Albury LibraryMuseum. *If COVID-19 restrictions still apply by this date, a Zoom link will be sent to prize recipients to attend a virtual prizegiving ceremony.
- The judging panel’s decision will be final.
- Prize recipients will have their short stories published on the Write Around the Murray website.