Welcome to the Write Around the Murray Festival program, rapidly reshaped for current COVID-19 conditions to include both live and livestream event options. View events via the Program page or the Schedule.
The likelihood of travel restrictions means the majority of our presenters will now participate in panel discussions remotely from their homes. Other events, featuring mainly local presenters, will proceed as planned.
Livestream events: Watch from home
- All panel discussions will be livestreamed from our panelist’s homes.
- If you select ‘Watch from home’, we will send you the weblink 5 days in advance of the event.
- If you cannot watch the livestream, the link we send you will work for the replay for 30 days after the event.
- Please note, 'Attend in person' is no longer a ticketing option as at Friday 27 August.
All planned live events have been cancelled as at Friday 27 August.
- Book Online: Click on the individual event from either the Program page or the Schedule for the event description, details and booking process. The Book Now button will take you to the relevant booking site for online booking. The various events are booked through either TryBooking or MAMA. A small booking fee applies for online bookings.
- Book in person: You may book in person at the LibraryMuseum when it reopens on 13 September, after current lockdown.
- Phone bookings: Fee-paying events must be booked online or in person as we cannot receive payment over the phone. Free events may be booked by calling the LibraryMuseum on (02) 6023 8333.
- Free events – Bookings are required for all indoor events. This is to assist with audience number restrictions (1 person per 4 square metres) at the time of bookings opening. Please advise if you can no longer attend.
- Paid events – if events are cancelled or you are unable to attend as a result of changed restrictions, we will automatically process your refund within 30 days after the event. You are welcome to advise us by email if you wish to donate the cost of your ticket back to the Festival.
The LibraryMuseum and our venues are COVID Safe venues. Please observe the following:
- Do not attend any events if you have any COVID symptoms or have been in a hotspot in the last 14 days
- Be prepared to wear a mask indoors at our events and outdoors if unable to socially distance
- Check in using the QR codes or manual check-in processes at the event
- Hand sanitiser is provided for your use
- Check the NSW Government COVID site for the latest NSW guidelines and requirements including travel restrictions. We will be following current public health orders regarding COVID19 restrictions.
- Victorians and VIC border residents please check VIC Government.
Where is my video link?
- If you book a Watch from home ticket for a livestream event, we’ll email you the link 5 days prior to the event, and again on the morning of the event.
- If you book within 5 days of the event you will receive the link automatically by email.
- Remember to check your junk folder if you can't find your emails from WAM
Can we engage with the authors?
- During the panel discussions, you can type and send questions via the chat function. You’ll need to be logged into a google account to use chat.
- You can email your author questions to email@example.com at least 2 days prior to the event and we'll be sure to include them
Are the panel discussions on Zoom?
- No, it's not Zoom. You will not be visible to others.
- You don’t need to download any special app or program to watch the event. You simply click on the weblink provided and the video will open in your internet browser.
Will there be a replay?
- Yes. For anyone who books and cannot attend live, the link we send you will work for the replay for 30 days after the event.