Conditions of entry:
- All entries are to be original work by the author and must not have been published or accepted for publication by a recognised publisher, in print or online. (Work that appears on blogs or in community publications IS eligible to enter).
- Stories should not exceed 3000 words with the judges reserving the right to reject works over the word limit.
- Maximum of two (2) entries per person – a separate entry form and entry fee must accompany each piece submitted.
- The name of the entrant should appear on the entry form only, and not on the work.
- The title of your story and the word count should appear at the beginning of the story (do not include your name on the story).
- Entries should be typed in a plain 11 point font (e.g. arial, times new roman, calibri, etc), with one and a half line spacing and pages numbered. Double-sided pages are allowed.
- Hand delivered or posted entries should include two (2) copies and be typed on A4 paper. Each copy to be stapled.
- Postal entries should be addressed to: WAM Short Story Award, c/- Albury LibraryMuseum, PO Box 323, Albury, 2640 and include a cheque or money order made out to AlburyCity.
- Online entries to be uploaded as a Word-compatible document
- To pay entry fee via direct deposit:
Account name: AlburyCity
Reference: Your first initial and surname, followed by “WAM", e.g. J Smith WAM
- All entries must be received by 5.00pm on Wednesday 26 July, 2017. Online submissions close at 5.00pm and NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED by any means.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Entries that do not follow the above guidelines will not be accepted.
- Entries must be available in an electronic format for reproduction or publication by AlburyCity Libraries with copyright being retained by the author.
- Winning entries (including highly commended) will be published on the Write Around the Murray (WAM) website.
- All entrants will be invited by email to the announcement of winners and awarding of prizes to be held on Thursday 14 September, 2017 at 5.30pm at the Albury LibraryMuseum.
- Staff of AlburyCity are not eligible to enter this competition.