Congratulations to our 2017 Nano winners!
We received almost 600 entries in the Nano competition so the job of the judges wasn't an easy one. All stories had to be 50 words exactly and include the word shadow. Entrants were only allowed to enter one nano story and had to reside within 150km of Albury.
Year 3-4 category
- Winner: Jai Hymus, Chiltern Primary for The Mystery
- Highly commended: Haruko Morris, Beechworth Primary for Shopkins Shadows
- Highly commended: Melena Wallace, Beechworth Primary for Lost Memories
Year 5-6 category
- Winner: Tahli Gibson, St Patricks Wangaratta for Home
- Highly commended: Harriet Murphy, Albury Public School for The Night
- Highly commended: Abbey Quinlan, Victory Lutheran College for A Face Changed Forever
Year 7-8 category
- Winner: Phoebe Grigg, Albury High for Following Shadow
- Highly commended: Clementine Hunt, Trinity Anglican College for In the Shadows
- Highly commended: Ella Riches, Albury High for The City
- Winner: Heather Kovac, Holbrook for The Last Morning
- Highly commended: Robyn Goodwin, Thurgoona for Barramundi Jack
- Highly commended: Kath Vivas, Holbrook for Dusk at the Dam
WAM gratefully acknowledges the Friends of the LibraryMuseum for funding the prizes for the Nano competition and assisting with judging and awarding of prizes.
- 2016 Nano Stories: Click here to read the winning Nano stories featuring the word ‘forget’.
- 2015 Nano Stories: Click here to read the winning Nano stories All had to include the word 'space'
- 2014 Nano Stories: Read the winning nano stories. All stories had to include the word 'picture'.
- 2013 Nano Stories: Read the winning entries. All stories had to include the word 'voice'.
- 2012 Nano Stories: Read the Winning and Highly Commended entries in all categories. All stories had to include the word 'snap'.
- 2011 Nano Stories: Read the Winning and Highly Commended entries in all categories.