Conditions of entry
- All entries are to be original work by the author and must not have been published or accepted for publication by a recognised publisher, in print or online. (Work that appears on blogs or in community publications IS eligible to enter).
- Stories should not exceed 3000 words with the judges reserving the right to reject works over the word limit.
- Maximum of two (2) entries per person – a separate entry form and entry fee must accompany each piece submitted.
- The name of the entrant should appear on entry form only, NOT on the work.
- The title of your story and the word count should appear at the beginning of the story (do not include your name anywhere on the story).
- Entries should be typed in a plain 11 point font (e.g. arial, times new roman, calibri, etc), with one and a half line spacing and pages numbered. Double-sided pages are allowed.
- ONLINE ENTRIES to be uploaded as a PDF or Word-compatible document. Online submissions close at 5pm.
- HAND-DELIVERED or POSTAL ENTRIES should include two (2) copies and be typed on A4 paper. Each copy to be stapled. Print out the entry form and submit the completed form with your story.
- POSTAL ENTRIES should be addressed to: WAM Short Story Award, c/- Albury LibraryMuseum, PO Box 323, Albury, 2640
It is the responsibility of entrants to allow sufficient time for delivery. Late entries, regardless of postal delays or other factors, will not be accepted. Entries must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 18 July, 2018.
- All entries must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 18 July, 2018, and no late entries will be accepted by any means.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Entries must be available in an electronic format for reproduction or publication by AlburyCity Libraries with copyright being retained by the author.
- Winning entries (including highly commended) will be published on the Write Around the Murray (WAM) website.
- Entries that do not follow the above guidelines will not be accepted.
- All entrants will be invited by email to the announcement of winners and awarding of prizes to be held on Thursday 6 September, 2018 at 5.30pm at the Albury LibraryMuseum.
- Staff of AlburyCity are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Entry in the competition signifies that you understand and agree to the above conditions of entry.
Online entrants must pay via the secure online payment form.
Postal entries should include a cheque or money order made out to AlburyCity.
In person: you may pay by cash, EFTPOS or credit card in person.
Note: We regret we are unable to take credit card payments over the phone and we are unable to provide bank details for electronic funds transfer.